Friday, January 21, 2005

aaaaand

done! with the gift purchasing part of a certain anniversary coming up. it's a bit early for that you say? yay, but i can't wait. then i won't be able to wait to give the gift. i don't think there's any need to seek help with this self torture. i have this craving to play in the snow. i might be tricking myself though because it only happens when i am sitting in little big man's office staring out the window. it's my escape from reality to keep me sane. what's really happening is a conference call that is going in circles that turns into football chat and little jokes and then back to talking in circles, but in my head, i'm outside with friends throwing snowballs, laughing and rolling around in the soft, wonderous ground blanket. i'm such a freak about getting cold though. i will need waterproof gloves first. then we'll talk. one time big al took me to go ski with her. i have a fireman's uniform and put that on (the all silver inside part) to keep me nice and warm all day. well, i was wearing too much and i couldn't move any of my limbs. the second i got both skis snapped on i went down a ditch and crashed into a booth. the day didn't get any better. i felt really bad for big al because she wasn't getting to hit the big hill much babysitting me. at one point i fell on the hill and was so exhausted i just stayed there for a bit. that led to me being taunted by little kids. one of them called me a baked potato. that was a nice one.

3 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger BionicChick3 said...

The last time I was in skis I was about 8. They were my dad's skis. I went down a little slope in the backyard and promptly fell down. My skis got crossed and I could not get up. I remember the upside down view of my parents laughing their heads off. This is the time my mother would refer to as, "when we were a happy family". Not me. I was mad. I never put skis on my feet ever again. Also, I'm not sure what happened to age 7 - but I have no memories of age 7. Hmmm. I did snowboard once. I think I was a natural. We should go. Wathca think? Take a little weekend lodge.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Andischmandi said...

absolutely! there are 2 really cool places that i wouldn't mind going to that are within hours. i don't like alpine though. not much slope variety as far as skill levels there. correct me if i'm wrong though. gather the troops! isn't 7 the age that you were abducted by aliens?

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger BionicChick3 said...

Let's see...it was 1984.

Hello! Orwell. Uhmmm...yeah.... I dont' remember anything from 1984.

Awesome...let's rally soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home