Monday, April 04, 2005

team

masterbatters has been paid for and is official. even everyone on the team has paid and no one has to worry about it come game time. now i just have to pick up the phone and order some shirts. can i get around to that today? certainly. i just need to get rid of my ate too much at lunch sleepy voice and lack of concentration prior to doing so. i got up quite early this morning and went to help sis #4 get her final belongings out of the house before they did the closing at nine. the move went rather smoothly. i was expecting it to be way worse, but there was a lot of help and that made a huge difference. while some wrestled with piling furniture into the truck, the rest of us threw lingering objects into boxes and bags. my tag line for the day was "just put it in a box and tape it up before she notices." things i will miss about that house: waking up to the 2 year old and 3 year old neighbor kids standing over my bed waiting for me to come play on a saturday morning and replying with nobody when i ask who let them in the house, getting to hear bad 80's music coming from someone's yard while they garden and then hear them argue loud enough to hear it over the music, going from the upstairs bathroom to my room upstairs without a towel only to remember midway that the stair windows have no curtains, staring at a pool that we couldn't use, the ice cream truck speeding around trying to figure out how to get back to the main street and then being cornered with kids on bikes when a turn on dead end road was taken, my mom pulling into the driveway with suitcases in the trunk and saying "i was on a drive and realized i was heading in this direction so i thought i would just come up for the weekend".

1 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger BionicChick3 said...

Man, I am jealous that you got your sponsor the same day as softball, and I am waiting with a whopping $475 taken from my checking account for a sponsor I've had lined up for 2 years.

Bleck. Stress.

Believe me, i will take this out on all come practice on Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home