Wednesday, March 16, 2005

bubble

lights flashing behind me is nothing new. i have what is called a led foot. i was born with it. in missouri i made a bit of a reputation for myself with those long stretches of empty roads and lots of places for cops to hide. (is "cops" bad? when i wrote it something flashed in my mind that they don't find that respectable.....hmmm i dunno) i was even pulled over once for doing the speed limit. the officer said to me back then "do you know why i pulled you over?" i said "actually no. i set my cruise control on the speed limit. maybe something is wrong with my odometer." he said "you were doing exactly the speed limit and that's why i pulled you over. that's suspicious behavior." i said "if i was going over the speed limit you would have pulled me over and if i was going under the speed limit you would have pulled me over and now you're pulling me over for doing the speed limit?" in my mind i was thinking that this guy needed to pick up some hobby to do while he sits on the lonely roads waiting for some action. my friends thought it might have something to do with him being young and us being three chicks in a convertible on a friday night. i think it might have something more to do with me wearing an army helmet and them wear swim caps and goggles. another time i was wearing a purple feather boa and it was flapping in the wind. i got pulled over for that too. i found that event interesting because i didn't have my seat belt on and neither did gerkenbower. i got a ticket for not having mine on, but she didn't because when he asked her why she told him that it was stuck in the door. what! that's the worst excuse ever! aren't you suppose to figure all that out before the car starts to move? she still won't confess that she winked at him, but i know that she did something. anyway, i'm well into double digits with speeding tickets. i've only had three since i've lived in illinois which is around six years. i find that completely amazing. i've been so good. well, my definition of good is lucky. so this morning a cop followed me for a mile or so and finally pulled me over and told me that i was speeding five minutes ago. he came back with just a warning for me because my record was pretty clean. all of that hard work and fine paying and no recognition? my heart is broken.

1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger BionicChick3 said...

I'm sorry. This one made me laugh outloud. Stuck in the door? And now, all I can do is picture you w/ a purple boa floating in the wind from your window... we should do more crazy stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home