Friday, March 04, 2005

as

i look around the office, i see all sorts of things on top of people's cabinets. trays of old parts, half dead plants, lego figurines, stuffed animals, stacks of paper and bags. yesterday i set a fed ex box on top of my cabinet to get it out of the way until i threw it out. this morning little big man asked me to take it down. in my head i was thinking, good thing i didn't throw this out yet because he needs it for something. then this came out of his mouth "the cabinet tops are suppose to be clear. nothing is to go on top of them." i was a bit stunned, but i was able to wave my hand pointing in all directions while saying "but everyone has stuff up there." his response "well their stuff is ok." my definition of nothing must be wrong. so let's not even bother discussing that part and let's move into the area of what he finds to be ok. there's nothing solid there either, so let's just pretend that he meant that decorative things are ok. well, who gets to define that? i don't think you can because everyone's tastes are different. i don't like all of his anything that says green bay packer on it collection, but i respect the fact that he does. what if that fed ex box was special to me in some way? he wouldn't know that. i know that he singles me out all of the time. i'm quite use to that from my low population, that music isn't on the radio so it must be weird and bad, the library doesn't have any of those books, no cable, if you don't go to the baptist church off of highway w you must be lucifer himself, your clothes are not what they had at jc penney, art is crafts, the rest of the world is just like this, there are no other cultures, no other languages, no other religions, the city is full of criminals, he's (place several names here) kid he would never do anything wrong, he's (place one name here) kid of course he did it, fourth generation pike county white bread upbringing. so, it's time to act like i use to and push people until i get in over my head trying to prove a point and hopefully teach a lesson that they will take in and keep. now, what will i be placing on my cabinet? a posable jesus toy? nah, but a posable noah toy might be a nice addition.

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger BionicChick3 said...

I'm glad to run my own desk. My boss did reject NPR. Puts him to sleep. He never said anything about Howard Stern. Though, now that we have a Bose System which can be heard through the entirety of our humble little office, I have yet to listen. I'm afraid of the UPS man walking in during an on-air orgasm.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Nobo said...

Fire his a$$. Doesn't he know you're his boss? He'd better watch his step. And you can always call in a hired thug (me) to carry him out by his collar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home